Filet Mignon in Red Wine Rosemary Sauce Recipe
Filet Mignon in Red Wine Rosemary Sauce is a delicious meal that is easy enough for any night but elegant enough for any special occasion, like Valentine’s day, birthdays and anniversaries.
I used Filet Mignon for this recipe but feel free to substitute your favorite cut of steak… it will be delicious.
Once you tried this recipe and discovered just how easy this is to make you may add this to your monthly recipe rotation.
Pan Seared Filet Mignon with Red Wine Shallot Sauce and Blue Cheese
- 2 t olive oil
- 10 oz filet mignon - 2 - 5 oz filets about 1 1/2 inches thick
- Sea Salt and pepper - fresh ground to taste
- 1 shallot - finely diced
- 1/2 C dry red wine
- 2 t balsamic vinegar
- 2 t rosemary leaves - fresh chopped
- 2 T butter
- 2 oz blue cheese - crumbles
- 2 T balsamic glaze
- Preheat your pan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and heat until very hot.
- Sear the steak on one side for 3-4 minutes, flip and sear the other side for another 3-4 minutes, for medium-rare or until a minute or 2 of the desired level of doneness.
- Remember to adjust cooking time based on thickness, less time for thinner and more time for thicker. See note below on testing for temperature.*
- Remove the steaks from the pan and cover with foil. They will finish cooking while you make you the sauce.
- Add the shallots and cook until they start to soften. Add rosemary and cook another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the wine and balsamic, stir to mix.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until reduced by at least half.
- Turn off the heat and add in the butter and 1 oz of crumbled blue cheese stirring constantly until melted and combined. Spoon over the steak.
- Top each steak with 1/2 oz of blue cheese and half of the sauce.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy with a nice glass of red wine.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Keep Bugs Away Outdoors. These secret chemical-free hacks are guaranteed to keep your next backyard barbecue bug-free. Your guests will thank you.
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?