Filet Mignon and Blue Cheese Beggars Purse Recipe
Filet mignon and blue cheese beggars purses are an easy to make, tasty and elegant little bite for your next party or potluck.
Filet mignon cooked in a red wine, shallot, and rosemary sauce combined with blue cheese makes a hearty and elegant little bite for your appetizer table.
Filet Mignon and Blue Cheese Beggars Purse
- 8 oz filet mignon* - cut into 1/2 inch cubes or smaller
- 1 shallot - finely minced
- 1/4 C dry red wine
- 4 oz Blue cheese - crumbled
- 1 T salted butter
- 2 T Balsamic glaze
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1 egg - beaten with 1 T of water
- 24 wonton wrappers - large
- Parchment paper
- 2 T rosemary leaves - fresh and minced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Preheat pan over medium-high heat
- Once the pan is hot add olive oil
- Once olive oil is very hot add filet mignon pieces sear for 1 1/2 minutes, stir and cook for an additional 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add red wine, shallots rosemary and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Turn off heat and add 1 T of butter and stir to melt.
- Remove filet from the cooktop and cover with foil
- Whisk egg with 1 T of water until smooth
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place 24 wonton wrapper on the parchment paper
- Lightly brush wonton wrappers with melted butter
- Place blue cheese crumbles in the center of the wonton wrapper
- Top with a small scoop of sautéed filet mignon.
To Make a Wonton or Beggars Purse
- Wonton:Fold diagonally, then using a fork seal wontons
- Beggars Purse:Fold corners diagonally to the center, pinching together the opposite corners holding the pouch in the palm of one hand, gently twist the top of the pouch to seal.
- Brush each purse with butter
- Brush each purse with egg-wash
- Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the purses are golden brown
- Serve warm
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Keep Bugs Away Outdoors. These secret chemical-free hacks are guaranteed to keep your next backyard barbecue bug-free. Your guests will thank you.
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?