Filet Mignon and Blue Cheese Beggars Purse Recipe
Filet mignon and blue cheese beggars purses are an easy to make, tasty and elegant little bite for your next party or potluck.
Filet mignon cooked in a red wine, shallot, and rosemary sauce combined with blue cheese makes a hearty and elegant little bite for your appetizer table.
Filet Mignon and Blue Cheese Beggars Purse
- 8 oz filet mignon* - cut into 1/2 inch cubes or smaller
- 1 shallot - finely minced
- 1/4 C dry red wine
- 4 oz Blue cheese - crumbled
- 1 T salted butter
- 2 T Balsamic glaze
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1 egg - beaten with 1 T of water
- 24 wonton wrappers - large
- Parchment paper
- 2 T rosemary leaves - fresh and minced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Preheat pan over medium-high heat
- Once the pan is hot add olive oil
- Once olive oil is very hot add filet mignon pieces sear for 1 1/2 minutes, stir and cook for an additional 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add red wine, shallots rosemary and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Turn off heat and add 1 T of butter and stir to melt.
- Remove filet from the cooktop and cover with foil
- Whisk egg with 1 T of water until smooth
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place 24 wonton wrapper on the parchment paper
- Lightly brush wonton wrappers with melted butter
- Place blue cheese crumbles in the center of the wonton wrapper
- Top with a small scoop of sautéed filet mignon.
To Make a Wonton or Beggars Purse
- Wonton:Fold diagonally, then using a fork seal wontons
- Beggars Purse:Fold corners diagonally to the center, pinching together the opposite corners holding the pouch in the palm of one hand, gently twist the top of the pouch to seal.
- Brush each purse with butter
- Brush each purse with egg-wash
- Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the purses are golden brown
- Serve warm
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?