Fast and Easy Black Bean Chili Recipe
This fast and easy black bean chili is the perfect comfort food since it comes together in about 30 minutes and tastes like you spent all day cooking.
Using a couple of secret hacks and canned black beans makes this a healthy and tasty meal you can make any night of the week.
Fast and Easy Black Bean Chili
- 15 oz can of black beans - drained
- 2 T diced sweet onion
- 1 T fresh garlic - chopped finely
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 15 oz diced Roma tomatoes
- 15.25 oz sweet yellow corn - canned
- 1 t cayenne pepper - use more or less based on the level of heat desired
- 2 T ancho chili powder
- 1 T chipotle
- Sea salt and organic black pepper - fresh ground to taste
- 1/2 cup 2 oz. low-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 T chopped cilantro - optional
- 1 ripe Haas Avocado - diced
- 1 small red onion - diced
- Sauté onions over medium heat until softened and translucent.
- Sauté garlic over medium-low heat until just beginning to change color: do not allow it to burn.
- Add beans, corn, and tomato to saucepan; stir in salmon, cayenne, ancho chili powder, chipotle, onions, and garlic.
- Simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide chili among four bowls.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, diced avocado, diced red onion and 1/2 tablespoon cilantro.
Chili Additions:It's easy to add leftover veggies, chicken, roast pork or even leftover steak to customize your chili. Since this is a quick cooking chili it's best to use precooked meat and vegetables or quick cooking veggies. Add meat about 5 minutes before the chili is done to just warm the meat, but not overcook it and make it tough.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
Spicy Orange Muddled Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling the fruit all the flavor of both the juice and the zest.
Spicy Classic Margarita turns up the heat with a slice of jalapeno and paired with a sweet heat rim of sugar and chipotle chili.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker