Morning Call Beignets Recipe
Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets are by far my favorite beignet in the New Orleans area.
Served with café au lait beignets are quintessential New Orleans breakfast or late night treat, and makes an awesome brunch dessert.
To make Morning Call’s famous café au lait, French for “milk with coffee” brew coffee dark roast coffee blended with chicory. Community Coffee, French Market Coffee, and Cafe Du Monde are brands that have coffee with chicory. Heat milk until just barely boiling.
To serve, combine 1 part coffee to 2 parts scalded milk.
Famous New Orleans Morning Call Copycat Beignet Recipe
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Sunflower oil - for frying
- Confectioners’ sugar - for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Add milk and buttermilk, and combine thoroughly; do not overmix. A firm dough is desired (additional flour may be added if necessary). Set aside to rise, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured board; roll to approximately 1/8 inch thick. Using a sharp knife or pastry wheel, cut into 3-inch squares.
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat until a deep-frying thermometer registers 375°. Add the squares to the hot oil, turning over once until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the beignets to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, and serve immediately.
- Serve with café au lait for breakfast
- Serve as a light dessert for brunch
- Serve with a caramel dipping sauce
- Serve with a hot chocolate dipping sauce
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Keep Bugs Away Outdoors. These secret chemical-free hacks are guaranteed to keep your next backyard barbecue bug-free. Your guests will thank you.
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker