Morning Call Beignets Recipe
Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets are by far my favorite beignet in the New Orleans area.
Served with café au lait beignets are quintessential New Orleans breakfast or late night treat, and makes an awesome brunch dessert.
To make Morning Call’s famous café au lait, French for “milk with coffee” brew coffee dark roast coffee blended with chicory. Community Coffee, French Market Coffee, and Cafe Du Monde are brands that have coffee with chicory. Heat milk until just barely boiling.
To serve, combine 1 part coffee to 2 parts scalded milk.
Famous New Orleans Morning Call Copycat Beignet Recipe
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Sunflower oil - for frying
- Confectioners’ sugar - for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Add milk and buttermilk, and combine thoroughly; do not overmix. A firm dough is desired (additional flour may be added if necessary). Set aside to rise, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured board; roll to approximately 1/8 inch thick. Using a sharp knife or pastry wheel, cut into 3-inch squares.
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat until a deep-frying thermometer registers 375°. Add the squares to the hot oil, turning over once until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the beignets to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, and serve immediately.
- Serve with café au lait for breakfast
- Serve as a light dessert for brunch
- Serve with a caramel dipping sauce
- Serve with a hot chocolate dipping sauce
< Eat < Drink < Party <
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
Spicy Orange Muddled Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling the fruit all the flavor of both the juice and the zest.
Spicy Classic Margarita turns up the heat with a slice of jalapeno and paired with a sweet heat rim of sugar and chipotle chili.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker