Easy Whole Wheat Pizza Crust Recipe
My family loves pizza, but ordering takeout can be a challenge since we have carnivores and vegetarians, so trying share pizzas isn’t happening and ordering 5 different pizzas gets pricey. We also like our pizza well-done. This recipe makes it all possible. we get perfectly well-done crispy crusts with the exact toppings we want. Using the grill pizzas cook super fast and taste more like it was cooked in a wood-fired oven.
Grilled Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- 3 cups unbleached white bread flour
- 1 & 2/3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 & 1/2 cups warm water - about 110 degrees
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Combine warm water, oil, yeast and honey in a small bowl. Mix flours and salt together thoroughly in food processor or mixer. Let stand 5 minutes or until it bubbles. Add mixture while blending. Let mix 2 minutes.
- Knead briefly on a lightly floured surface. Place in a large oiled bowl and let stand in a warm place for 2-3 hours. It should double in size. On a floured surface roll out 1/4 of the dough or a large pizza or 1/8 for individual crusts.
- Now you can either freeze the crust or use them right away.
- To use now:Preheat grill to med-high. I like my grill to be about 500 degrees. Turn down center burner to the lowest setting and the side burners to medium.
- Place on heavy tin foil (preferably the non-stick kind). Grill 1-2 minutes then top with your favorite toppings. (Watching carefully to avoid burning). And finish grilling until toppings are heated through and cheese melts.
- Freeze and use later:Top frozen crust with favorite topping and grill until crust is cooked and toppings heated and cheese bubbles.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker