Easy White Truffle Risotto Recipe
This classic Italian dish is all about the white truffles. It’s simple just a few high-quality ingredients and a little patience. This is a special occasion risotto so easy you can make every night (if you can afford the truffles :-).
Easy White Truffle Risotto
- 1 1/2 C risotto rice Arborio or Carnaroli
- 2 shallots - minced
- 4 T unsalted butter
- fresh ground sea salt
- 1/2 C dry white wine*
- 1/2 C Parmigiano cheese - shaved
- 1/4 C Parmigiano cheese - shaved
- 3 T White truffle oil
- 1 white truffle
- In a large pot bring 5 cups of water to a simmer.
- In a saute pans heat the butter over medium-high heat and saute the shallots for 2-3 minutes, careful not to let them brown.
- Add the rice and stir well, then cook for 1-2 minutes, until the rice is well coated and hot.
- Pour in the white wine and bring to a strong boil.
- Stir often and let this cook down.
- When it is almost dry, add a 1/4 cup of the simmering water and grind about a teaspoon of salt over the rice.
- Stir constantly until the water has almost boiled away.
- Add another 1/4 cup of simmering water and continue this process until the rice is al dente.
- Taste for salt and add some if needed.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of water and add the Parmigiano cheese.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the truffle oil.
- Serve in shallow bowls, add shaved Parmigiano cheese, and very thinly shave the truffle just before serving.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
Spicy Orange Muddled Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling the fruit all the flavor of both the juice and the zest.
Spicy Classic Margarita turns up the heat with a slice of jalapeno and paired with a sweet heat rim of sugar and chipotle chili.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?