Easy Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
Easy Slow Cooker Chili Recipe is spicy, thick & rich filled with ground beef and beans and packs a spicy punch.
This chili is so good and so easy to make. Just brown your ground beef in the morning, pop everything into a slow cooker and set-it and forget-it.
You’ll have a delicious dinner ready when you get home from work.
Topped with cheese, sour cream, and avocado slices, this makes the perfect hearty meal or make a batch to top hot dogs at your next barbecue.
Serve with cornbread.
Easy Slow Cooker Chili
To Make the Chili
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 medium green bell peppers - chopped
- 2 small yellow onions - chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 15 oz red kidney beans - drained (1) 15 oz can
- 15 oz black beans - drained (1) 15 oz can
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup spice mix - uses spice mix to taste, note for spice mix recipe
- 30 oz tomato sauce - 2 15 oz cans
- 20 oz. diced tomatoes with green chilies - (2) 10 oz cans
- 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 avocados - sliced
- 1 cup sour cream - optional
- In a large sauté pan add olive oil heat over med-high heat.
- Once hot add bell pepper and onions just softened.
- Add ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Brown, stirring occasionally until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain excess fat well.
- Transfer beef mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add beans, chili spice mix, brown sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with green chilies to beef mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook covered for 7-8 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low. Put everything together before you leave for work and it will be perfect when you get home 9-10 hours later, cooked on low.
- Transfer to serving bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado slices, and diced red onion.
- Serve with tortilla chips or cornbread.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker