Easy Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
Easy Slow Cooker Chili Recipe is spicy, thick & rich filled with ground beef and beans and packs a spicy punch.
This chili is so good and so easy to make. Just brown your ground beef in the morning, pop everything into a slow cooker and set-it and forget-it.
You’ll have a delicious dinner ready when you get home from work.
Topped with cheese, sour cream, and avocado slices, this makes the perfect hearty meal or make a batch to top hot dogs at your next barbecue.
Serve with cornbread.
Easy Slow Cooker Chili
To Make the Chili
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 medium green bell peppers - chopped
- 2 small yellow onions - chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 15 oz red kidney beans - drained (1) 15 oz can
- 15 oz black beans - drained (1) 15 oz can
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup spice mix - uses spice mix to taste, note for spice mix recipe
- 30 oz tomato sauce - 2 15 oz cans
- 20 oz. diced tomatoes with green chilies - (2) 10 oz cans
- 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 avocados - sliced
- 1 cup sour cream - optional
- In a large sauté pan add olive oil heat over med-high heat.
- Once hot add bell pepper and onions just softened.
- Add ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Brown, stirring occasionally until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain excess fat well.
- Transfer beef mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add beans, chili spice mix, brown sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with green chilies to beef mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook covered for 7-8 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low. Put everything together before you leave for work and it will be perfect when you get home 9-10 hours later, cooked on low.
- Transfer to serving bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado slices, and diced red onion.
- Serve with tortilla chips or cornbread.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker