Easy Pina Colada Bread Pudding Recipe
Bread pudding is one of my go-to desserts for easy entertaining. This pina colada bread pudding is delicious topped with shredded coconut and lightly salted macadamia nuts. Yum.
Careful this is addicting. This can also be made as a breakfast casserole.
Pina Colada Bread Pudding
Bread puddings are super easy to make and are super versatile. Once you have the basics down you can create both sweet and savory bread puddings. Bread Pudding is one of my favorite go-to stress-free desserts. It's easy to make and always delicious.
- 1 1/2 loaves bread - challah or brioche
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 pint milk
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups pineapple - cut into small cubes
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut syrup - see recipe below
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut - + more for topping
- powdered sugar - optional
- 13.5 oz coconut milk - 1 can
- 2 T cornstarch
- 2 cups corn syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 4-quart baking dish with butter.
- Cut bread into 2-inch cubes and place in prepared 4-quart baking dish.
- Place cream and milk in a saucepan; bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Place all remaining ingredients in large bowl; stir to mix. Stir in milk mixture and pour over bread.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and custard is firm. Check center of your bread pudding with a skewer to make sure the center is cooked and set. The skewer should come out clean.
- Drizzle with coconut syrup and serve hot.
- Whisk together the coconut milk and cornstarch in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly until the cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Add corn syrup, sugar, and coconut; stirring continually. Bring to a boil. Once it has reached the boiling point. remove from heat immediately.
- Let cool slightly before serving. Can be stored in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 month.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?