Irish Nachos with Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
This recipe will certainly make Irish eyes smile. So easy to make and so much fun to share.
Sweet potato fries topped with pulled pork or chicken with melted cheese and pico de gallo. Yum!
This recipe is so easy to make since we are going to use frozen packaged sweet potato fries.
Get creative with your toppings. If you have leftover barbeque or rotisserie chicken toss it on top.
I love this topped with leftover Guinness Braised Irish Pulled Pork it’s really over the top.
Irish Nachos with Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 bag frozen sweet potato fries
- sea salt - to taste
- 8 ounces Guinness Pulled Pork - or leftover pulled chicken or pulled rotisserie
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese - or go Irish and use shredded Dubliner cheese
- .5 sour cream
- pico de gallo or salsa - see recipe in notes
- .5 cup avocado - sliced and chopped
- cilantro - chopped to serve
- .25 cup pumpkin seeds - roasted and salted
- Preheat oven to 425, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray sweet potatoes with olive oil and season with sea salt to taste.
- Cook sweet potato fries according to package directions, approximately 18 minutes.
- Warm the pulled pork or leftover chicken over low heat
- Remove sweet potato fries from oven they should be well cooked and crisp and top with pork or chicken.
- Top with cheese and bake for another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with pico de gallo, sour cream, avocado, pumpkin seed, and cilantro, etc. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Irish Nacho Topping IdeasThe sky is the limit with toppings. Get creative. This is a great way to use leftovers. BBQ chicken
Guinness Pulled pork
Leftover rotisserie chicken
Use potato wedges instead of sweet potatoes
Pico de gallo
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker