Easy Homemade Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Easy Homemade Chocolate Truffles are so easy and so good. You’ll never buy boxed truffles again. Top truffles with your favorite toppings.
Try topping with these suggested toppings:
Chopped nuts like pistachios, hazelnuts, almonds, pecans or walnuts
White chocolate drizzle
Tiny chocolate chips
Drizzle with caramel
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate - finely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter - softened
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract - pure
- Unsweetened cocoa powder - for the coating
- Start by bringing the cream to a boil. When it is hot pour the cream over the finely grated chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate and cream to melt together for about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate and cream together, until completely smooth.
- Finish by stirring in the butter until it is fully mixed.
- Next place the chocolate mixture in the refrigerator to cool, chill for 2 - 3 hours.
- When you remove the chocolate from the refrigerator, it should be firm. Using a teaspoon scoop out some of the chocolate using a teaspoon.
- Roll the chocolate in your hands to form a ball. You can rub a tiny bit of cocoa powder on your hands to keep the chocolate from coating your hands.
- Finish by rolling each ball of chocolate in your chosen topping or a plate lightly covered in cocoa powder.
- After you have finished forming the truffles you will want to chill than again for another few hours until they are firm again.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker