Red snapper may be my favorite local fish since I can get it fresh most of the time. I love how this fish works in so many different preparations and flavor combinations. This easy grilled red snapper recipe with citrus and Asian spices and is ready in less than 30 minutes and uses just a few ingredients. So heat up the grill and let’s get cooking.
Easy Citrus Grilled Snapper with Roasted Pineapple
- 2 lbs red snapper fillets - 4 fillets
- 3 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root - bottled works in a pinch
- 3 green onions - chopped
- 2 Clementines or mandarin oranges - peeled and sectioned
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 lemon
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the roasted pineapple
- 1 pineapple cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 t nutmeg
- Preheat the grill for indirect heat to 400 degrees F.
- Place the fish in a grill pan and season with sea salt (to taste) and cayenne pepper. If you don't have a grill pan use a shallow baking dish or roasting pan.
- Cover each side with fresh ginger, then green onions and clementines or mandarin oranges.
- Slice half of the lime and place the slices on top of the fish.
- Drizzle with the soy sauce, and squeeze the other half of the lime over the fish.
- Cut the lemon in half and set in the pan. Cover the whole dish with aluminum foil.
- Grill fish until the flesh is opaque and can be flaked with a fork, about 10 - 15 minutes. Squeeze the baked lemon halves over the fish before serving.
Serve with roasted pineapple.
- Place pineapple on tin foil and sprinkle with brown sugar - you may not need a full quarter cup.
- Grill for 10 to 15 minutes
- Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker