Red snapper may be my favorite local fish since I can get it fresh most of the time. I love how this fish works in so many different preparations and flavor combinations. This easy grilled red snapper recipe with citrus and Asian spices and is ready in less than 30 minutes and uses just a few ingredients. So heat up the grill and let’s get cooking.
Easy Citrus Grilled Snapper with Roasted Pineapple
- 2 lbs red snapper fillets - 4 fillets
- 3 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root - bottled works in a pinch
- 3 green onions - chopped
- 2 Clementines or mandarin oranges - peeled and sectioned
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 lemon
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the roasted pineapple
- 1 pineapple cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 t nutmeg
- Preheat the grill for indirect heat to 400 degrees F.
- Place the fish in a grill pan and season with sea salt (to taste) and cayenne pepper. If you don't have a grill pan use a shallow baking dish or roasting pan.
- Cover each side with fresh ginger, then green onions and clementines or mandarin oranges.
- Slice half of the lime and place the slices on top of the fish.
- Drizzle with the soy sauce, and squeeze the other half of the lime over the fish.
- Cut the lemon in half and set in the pan. Cover the whole dish with aluminum foil.
- Grill fish until the flesh is opaque and can be flaked with a fork, about 10 - 15 minutes. Squeeze the baked lemon halves over the fish before serving.
Serve with roasted pineapple.
- Place pineapple on tin foil and sprinkle with brown sugar - you may not need a full quarter cup.
- Grill for 10 to 15 minutes
- Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker