Twice Cheesy Baked Potato Recipe
Pair this easy cheesy twice baked potato recipe with a grilled filet or barbecued chicken. Yummy baked potato topped with cheesy goodness. Yum!
Easy Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
- 8 baking potatoes - washed
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T Sea salt - roughly ground
- 8 T salted butter
- 16 Slices bacon - fried extra crispy
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend - plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup light cream or half and half
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Rub them with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 1 hour, make sure they are cooked through.
- While the potatoes back fry bacon until crispy and drain on paper towel.
- Slice the butter into pats and place in a large bowl with sour cream.
- When potatoes are cooked through, remove them from the oven
- Lower the heat to 350 degrees F.
- Using a potholder, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scrape out the insides into the mixing bowl with the butter and sour cream. Leave a little bit of potato inside the skin, this will help keep the shape and reduce the risk of tearing the skin.
- Lay potato skins on a baking sheet.
- Smash the hot potatoes into the butter, sour cream.
- Add cheese, cream or half and half, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together, until well combined
- Fill the potato skins with the filling, you'll have lots of filling add lots to each skin.
- Top each potato with 2 slices of crispy bacon.
- Top each potato with a little more grated cheese
- Place them in the oven until the potato is warmed through and the cheese is bubbly and browning - about 15 to 20 minutes.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker