Twice Cheesy Baked Potato Recipe
Pair this easy cheesy twice baked potato recipe with a grilled filet or barbecued chicken. Yummy baked potato topped with cheesy goodness. Yum!
Easy Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
- 8 baking potatoes - washed
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T Sea salt - roughly ground
- 8 T salted butter
- 16 Slices bacon - fried extra crispy
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend - plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup light cream or half and half
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Rub them with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 1 hour, make sure they are cooked through.
- While the potatoes back fry bacon until crispy and drain on paper towel.
- Slice the butter into pats and place in a large bowl with sour cream.
- When potatoes are cooked through, remove them from the oven
- Lower the heat to 350 degrees F.
- Using a potholder, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scrape out the insides into the mixing bowl with the butter and sour cream. Leave a little bit of potato inside the skin, this will help keep the shape and reduce the risk of tearing the skin.
- Lay potato skins on a baking sheet.
- Smash the hot potatoes into the butter, sour cream.
- Add cheese, cream or half and half, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together, until well combined
- Fill the potato skins with the filling, you'll have lots of filling add lots to each skin.
- Top each potato with 2 slices of crispy bacon.
- Top each potato with a little more grated cheese
- Place them in the oven until the potato is warmed through and the cheese is bubbly and browning - about 15 to 20 minutes.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker