Crab Fra Diavolo Angel Hair Pasta Recipe
Crab Fra Diavolo angel hair pasta is a simple and easy pasta dish that cooks up quick enough for a weeknight meal but luxurious enough for a special meal.
This is a recipe from my husband’s grandmother and is served for the Feast of Seven Fishes and other special occasions. I’ve worked it into our go-to dinner menus because it’s so good and so easy to make.
Blue Crab Fra Diavolo Angel Hair Pasta
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 1 T crushed red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1 T dried basil
- 1 t dried oregano
- 6 oz tomato paste - 1 can
- 1/4 C of red wine
- 28 oz pureed San Marzano tomatoes - 1 28-oz can
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 lbs angel hair pasta
- 3/4 lbs crabmeat - picked over for bits of shell and rinsed with lemon juice (Dungeness, blue crab, and jumbo lump crab all work well)
- 1/4 C chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/4 C chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 C chopped fresh basil
- Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the wine, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, and oregano and cook until the garlic is a cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook the sauce for 20 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente according to package directions.
- Once the pasta is on to cook, carefully add the crab and cook until just heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and place in individual bowls then ladle sauce over pasta.
- Sprinkle the fresh herbs over the pasta
- Season with salt and black pepper.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Keep Bugs Away Outdoors. These secret chemical-free hacks are guaranteed to keep your next backyard barbecue bug-free. Your guests will thank you.
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?