Crab and Brie Wonton Recipe
Try Crab and Brie Wonton for an easy to make, elegant appetizer bite for your next party, potluck or holiday get-together. Luscious crab paired with creamy triple creme brie makes this a very impressive and luxurious appetizer – sure to impress.
Since this can be assembled the day before and then popped in the oven about 15 minutes before serving while your guests enjoy a cocktail. This is a great appetizer bite to serve when hosting an appetizer party or any holiday or party.
Crab and Brie Wonton Appetizer Bites
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1 egg - beaten with 1 T of water
- 1 T honey
- 12 oz lump crab meat - picked over to remove any shell and rinsed in lemon juice
- 12 oz Triple creme Brie* or spreadable brie - cut into 24 pieces and kept very cold
- 24 wonton wrappers - large
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Cut rind from brie and keep very cold or use spreadable brie.
- Whisk egg with 1 T of water until smooth
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place 24 wonton wrapper on the parchment paper
- Lightly brush wonton wrappers with melted butter.
- Place a piece of brie in the center of the wonton wrapper
- Top brie with 1/2 oz of crab meat
- Drizzle with a couple of drops of honey
To Make a Wonton or Beggars Purse
- Wonton:Fold diagonally, then using a fork seal wontons
- Beggars Purse:Fold corners diagonally to the center, pinching together the opposite corners holding the pouch in the palm of one hand, gently twist the top of the pouch to seal.
- Brush each purse with butter
- Brush each purse with egg-wash
- Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the purses are golden brown
- Serve warm
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?