Coconut Rice with Curried Bananas and Cashews Recipe
Coconut Rice with Curried Bananas and Cashews is the perfect complement to spicy Carribean dishes like jerk pork or jerk turkey or firey Thai cuisine.
Creamy fluffy Jasmine rice simmered in coconut milk, tossed with curried bananas and salty cashews is a delicious side dish and sure to be a new family fav.
Coconut Rice with Curried Bananas and Cashews
Or make it a meal by tossing Sweet Heat Slower Cooker Chicken into the rice just before serving. I love this rice with the sweet heat chicken served chilled the next day for lunch.
- 2 C Jasmine white rice
- 2 1/2 cup coconut milk - divided
- 3 bananas - sliced
- 1 T orange juice
- 1 T honey
- 1 t curry powder
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- Sea salt - to taste
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro
- Rinse 2 cups of rice to remove excess starch.
- In a large saucepan add 2 cups of water and 2 cups of coconut milk, liberally add salt. Bring water and coconut milk to a boil.
- Add rice, cover with a tight fitting lid and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat to the burner, fluff the rice, cover and let sit another 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl drizzle honey over bananas.
- Add orange juice and toss.
- Stir in curry powder, ginger, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Melt butter In a sauté pan, add bananas and cashews and cook until just caramelized.
- Fold bananas, cashews, and shredded coconut to into cooked rice, and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve warm.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker