Coconut Rice with Curried Bananas and Cashews Recipe
Coconut Rice with Curried Bananas and Cashews is the perfect complement to spicy Carribean dishes like jerk pork or jerk turkey or firey Thai cuisine.
Creamy fluffy Jasmine rice simmered in coconut milk, tossed with curried bananas and salty cashews is a delicious side dish and sure to be a new family fav.
Coconut Rice with Curried Bananas and Cashews
Or make it a meal by tossing Sweet Heat Slower Cooker Chicken into the rice just before serving. I love this rice with the sweet heat chicken served chilled the next day for lunch.
- 2 C Jasmine white rice
- 2 1/2 cup coconut milk - divided
- 3 bananas - sliced
- 1 T orange juice
- 1 T honey
- 1 t curry powder
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- Sea salt - to taste
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro
- Rinse 2 cups of rice to remove excess starch.
- In a large saucepan add 2 cups of water and 2 cups of coconut milk, liberally add salt. Bring water and coconut milk to a boil.
- Add rice, cover with a tight fitting lid and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat to the burner, fluff the rice, cover and let sit another 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl drizzle honey over bananas.
- Add orange juice and toss.
- Stir in curry powder, ginger, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Melt butter In a sauté pan, add bananas and cashews and cook until just caramelized.
- Fold bananas, cashews, and shredded coconut to into cooked rice, and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve warm.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker