Coconut Chicken Pineapple Curry
Love a good curry? You’ve got to try this coconut chicken pineapple curry. It is the perfect balance of creamy spicy goodness with just a hint of sweetness from the pineapple. + it’s on the table in 30 minutes.
Way better than take-out and faster than Uber Eats. Win-Win.
I was addicted to this curry when I lived in Berkley, California. When I moved to Homer Alaska, there was no creamy pineapple curry, actually, there was no Thai restaurant, so set out to recreate the curry of my obsession. I still miss my Thai restaurant in Berkley but I’m obsessed with this curry and crave it at least every couple of weeks.
Coconut Chicken Pineapple Curry. Delicious, quick, and super easy.
This is a smooth and divinely creamy pineapple coconut curry. I’m using chicken for this recipe but it’s awesome with tofu, shrimp, or crab.
(Crab is really over the top rich and decadent.)
I’ve loaded this curry with tons of seasonal veggies, so it can be completely customizable based on what you can find fresh at the farmers market.
Serve over a steamed Jasmine rice and top with salty cashews to add a bit of crunch! OMG, so good.
Or for an extra special treat serve this with coconut rice with curried bananas and cashews.
This pineapple curry is so addictive and so versatile. I probably make this every couple of weeks and each time my husband thinks it’s a new recipe since I change up the veggies and the protein.
Chicken Pineapple Curry is fancy enough for your turn at hosting book club or friends but fast and easy enough to serve tonight.
Even time I serve this I’m asked for the recipe and since it’s one of my “go-to” dinners, I’ve never written it down or gotten around to posting it. So here we go.
Cooking Tips – Coconut Chicken Pineapple Curry.
Part of enjoying Thai food is creating the perfect balance of sweet and spice. Adjust the amount of chili paste to taste. The curry paste itself isn’t too spicy but you might want to start with 3 T instead of 4. You can always add more.
If you choose to cook the curry base longer it will get hotter, but if speed is your thing, this should be perfect.
Make it a Meal
Pineapple Coconut Curry with Chicken
- If you have large Electric Wok it works great, otherwise use a shallow dutch oven.
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless - sliced into thin strips
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- .5 C fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 can
unsweetened coconut milk- full fat
- 6 oz pineapple juice
- 4 T red curry paste
- 4 T green curry paste
- 1 T Thai chili paste
- 1 T Lemongrass
- 1 T ginger
- 1 red onion - thickly sliced and cut into quarters
- 1.5 C green beans
- red bell pepper - cored, seed and cut into strips
- 2 C fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 yellow squash - seeded and sliced into 1/4 inch 1/2 moons. see notes
- 2 zucchini - medium, seeded and sliced into 1/4 inch 1/2 moons
- 2 C matchstick carrots
- crushed red pepper flakes - optional - to taste
- .5 C whole cashews - for topping
- cilantro - coarsely chopped for topping
- Cook chicken while you blend the ingredients for the curry.
- Heat 1 T olive oil over med heat
- Toss thinly sliced chicken strips with lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to the wok and cook until just cooked through before adding the curry blend.
To Make the Curry Blend
- In a food processor or blender puree the pineapple until relatively smooth. It won't be completely smooth but that's ok.
- Add remaining ingredients and puree until well combined.
Cooking the Curry, Chicken, and Vegetables
- Add curry blend to the wok and cook with the chicken.
- Add red onion, red bell pepper, and green beans and cook for 8- 10 minutes.
- Check curry for spice level - if you desire a more Thai hot flavor add red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add pineapple, squash, and zucchini. Cook an additional 8- 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Your curry will not be thick, it will have the consistency of coconut milk.
- Transfer to a deep serving platter or large bowl.
- Garnish with cashews and cilantro. Alternately, serve cilantro and cashews on the side and let guests add them.
Easy Breezy. Stress- Free TipsMake it Vegetarian: Skip the chicken and substitute extra-firm tofu or chickpeas. Or just add more vegetables. Vegetables I've chosen easy to find veggies that are available all year but feel free to experiment. If I have or can find Thai basil, it adds a really nice flavor. Other veggies to try: Thai eggplant Eggplant Spinach Asparagus (only cook for 2 or 3 minutes) Chickpeas In a hurry? Use rotisserie chicken. Yep, it will still be fab. Just add the chicken when you add the zucchini and squash so it doesn't get rubbery. Why seed zucchini and squash? Seeded zucchini squash will release less liquid into the curry and helps keep them crisp. To seed, zucchini or squash - cut lengthwise and scoop out seeds with a spoon.
More You Might Like…
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Easy Christmas Recipes and Menus designed to taste great and wow your guests. Guaranteed to get you out of the kitchen and into the party.
Tropical Christmas Recipes | Beach Christmas menu. A tropical christmas menu featuring jerk turkey and plantains.
The Feast of Seven Fishes is a traditional Italian Christmas Eve meal. Learn how to prepare the feast of of seven fishes for Christmas Eve.
Everyone loves Thanksgiving but no one loves spending the day in the kitchen while everyone else watches football and noshes on pre-dinner goodies.
Each stress-free Thanksgiving menu is designed to taste great and wow your guests, plus they are super easy to cook, fail-proof, and guaranteed to get you out of the kitchen and into the party.
Dracula Martini Recipe | Dra-Kahlúa. A scary good Halloween or Fall martini made with Kahlúa and cognac. This is sure to be a favorite.
25 tips to help you eat healthy on a budget. Learn how to eat healthy on a budget. Eat better and save money.
Labor Day Recipes for a fun and festive Labor Day party or barbecue. Labor Day recipes, menus and tips to throw the perfect Labor Day party.
Learn how to make a Mediterranean Crudités and Tapas platter. Beautiful, tasty and a satisfying appetizer that will wow guests.
Authentic Greek Souvlaki skewers is a super easy and tasty greek kabob with tender grilled meat marinated in a lemony olive oil mixture.
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker