Classic New Orleans-Style Bread Pudding Recipe
Bread Pudding is one of my absolute favorite desserts. This New Orleans-style bread pudding is so easy to make and always so good.
Try serving this with a Bourbon Caramel Sauce.
New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- 14 cups bread, day old - french or brioche
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 pint milk
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t fresh gated nutmeg
Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 T cornstarch
- 3/4 cup bourbon or other whiskey
- pinch of salt
- 2 T unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 4-quart (9"x13")baking dish with butter.
- Cut bread into 2-inch cubes and place in prepared 4-quart baking dish.
- Place cream and milk in a saucepan; bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Place all remaining ingredients in large bowl; stir to blend. Stir in milk mixture and pour over bread.
- Let mixture sit in a cool location for 20 minutes, in a warm humid environment (like here in Florida) you may want to refrigerate while the bread soaks up the liquid, then let it sit out for about 5 minutes before cooking.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and the center of the bread pudding custard is firm and set. Keep an eye on the pudding and cover with foil if the top begins to brown too quickly.
- Serve warm with Bourbon Caramel Sauce
Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- In a 1-quart saucepan combine the cream, milk, and sugar and heat on medium high.
- In a small mixing bowl place the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of the bourbon and whisk to blend. Making sure it is smooth.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the cream mixture and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture begins to boil reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the burner and swirl in butter, a pinch of salt and the remaining 1/2 cup of Bourbon. Stir to combine. Keep warm.
- Serve warm.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Keep Bugs Away Outdoors. These secret chemical-free hacks are guaranteed to keep your next backyard barbecue bug-free. Your guests will thank you.
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker