Once you’ve tried this citrus brined recipe you’ll never roast a turkey in tehoven again. The brine keeps your turkey moist and delicious. Plus, if you are like me you have lots of other dishes that need the oven space, with the turkey on the grill you now have your oven for all the other yummy side dishes.
Citrus Brined Turkey
- 1 /4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt - use only half this amount if you are on a salt-reduced diet
- 750 ml bottle of fruity white wine
- 4 quarts water or water to cover
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 heads of garlic broken into cloves and peeled
- 1 lemon juice of 1 lemon
- 2 limes juice of 2 limes
- 2 oranges juice of 2 navel oranges
- 2 lemons sliced into rounds
- 2 limes sliced into rounds
- 1 orange sliced into rounds
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch bunch poultry herbs - can be purchased in the produce section in most grocery stores
- 7-8 lbs turkey breast - gizzards removed, washed with cold water and patted dry
- 1 apple baking apple cut into chunks
- 1 pineapple pineapple cut into chunks
- Mix all brine ingredients, (except turkey, poultry herbs and wood chips), in a large pot. Stir to combine.
- Cook over high heat and bring to a boil. Immediately turn off heat and cover pot.
- Let cool to room temperature. DO NOT add turkey until brine has cooled completely. you can speed up the process by using less water and then adding ice at the end.
- Add turkey.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 12 hours) in the refrigerator, or a cooler full of ice turning turkey a couple of times to ensure all areas have been submerged. Remove bird from marinade and pat dry.
- Preheat gas barbecue to med-high. Once it reaches about 400 degrees turn center burner off and side burners to low.
- Carefully lift skin away from breast and place herb bundle under skin in a thin layer to cover the entire breast.
- Stuff under turkey breast with apple and pineapple.
- Place turkey in an aluminum pan with the garlic cloves, lemon, lime and orange slices
- Place turkey on the grill in an aluminum roasting pan and cover with foil for 40 minutes. Remove foil cover.
- cook for an additional 40 minutes, if the skin is browning too fast cover with foil.
- Cook completely - a meat thermometer should read 165 degrees. Allow turkey to rest 15 minutes before carving.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?