Chicken Salad Wonton Cup Recipe
Try this Chicken Salad Wonton Cup Recipe. Chicken salad is a classic, pop chicken salad in a wonton or phyllo cup for a beautiful and tasty appetizer.
This is a great party option since you can make the chicken salad and the wonton cups can be made separately a day in advance and quickly assembled just before party time.
My chicken salad is filled with fruit and nuts. If you prefer a more savory version feel free to use your favorite chicken salad recipe, or save time and buy your chicken salad from your local market or deli.
Classic Chicken Salad Wonton Cup Appetizer Recipe
- 2 T salted butter
- 1 egg - beaten with 1 T of water
- 24 wonton wrappers
- mini muffin pan
- cooking spray
- 12 oz cooked chicken breast - rotisserie or boiled
- 1/2 C celery - finely chopped
- 1 C green seedless grapes
- 1/2 C dried tart cherries - you can substitute cranberries
- 1/2 C Pistachios - chopped
- 1/2 C Greek Yogurt - + more
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Whisk egg with 1 T of water until smooth
- Spray a mini muffin tin liberally with cooking spray or olive oil
- Place a wonton wrapper in each mini muffin tin
- Brush each wonton with egg-wash
- Lightly brush wonton wrappers with melted butter
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the purses are becoming golden
- Cover with foil and cook an additional 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- If making in advance remove from tin and cool completely, then store tightly covered in the refrigerator. To serve, bring to room temperature.
- Cut baked chicken into 1/2-inch bite size pieces or shred rotisserie chicken into bite-size pieces
- Place chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss chicken with 1/2 cup of yogurt, add remaining ingredients and combine. Add more yogurt as needed to reach your desired consistency. I like my chicken salad on the drier side for this recipe
- If making in advance cover tightly and store up to 48 hours in the refrigerator
To Assemble Chicken Salad Wonton Cups
- Place a scoop of cold chicken salad in a room temperature wonton cup. Enjoy!
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?