Chicken Salad Wonton Cup Recipe
Try this Chicken Salad Wonton Cup Recipe. Chicken salad is a classic, pop chicken salad in a wonton or phyllo cup for a beautiful and tasty appetizer.
This is a great party option since you can make the chicken salad and the wonton cups can be made separately a day in advance and quickly assembled just before party time.
My chicken salad is filled with fruit and nuts. If you prefer a more savory version feel free to use your favorite chicken salad recipe, or save time and buy your chicken salad from your local market or deli.
Classic Chicken Salad Wonton Cup Appetizer Recipe
- 2 T salted butter
- 1 egg - beaten with 1 T of water
- 24 wonton wrappers
- mini muffin pan
- cooking spray
- 12 oz cooked chicken breast - rotisserie or boiled
- 1/2 C celery - finely chopped
- 1 C green seedless grapes
- 1/2 C dried tart cherries - you can substitute cranberries
- 1/2 C Pistachios - chopped
- 1/2 C Greek Yogurt - + more
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Whisk egg with 1 T of water until smooth
- Spray a mini muffin tin liberally with cooking spray or olive oil
- Place a wonton wrapper in each mini muffin tin
- Brush each wonton with egg-wash
- Lightly brush wonton wrappers with melted butter
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the purses are becoming golden
- Cover with foil and cook an additional 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- If making in advance remove from tin and cool completely, then store tightly covered in the refrigerator. To serve, bring to room temperature.
- Cut baked chicken into 1/2-inch bite size pieces or shred rotisserie chicken into bite-size pieces
- Place chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss chicken with 1/2 cup of yogurt, add remaining ingredients and combine. Add more yogurt as needed to reach your desired consistency. I like my chicken salad on the drier side for this recipe
- If making in advance cover tightly and store up to 48 hours in the refrigerator
To Assemble Chicken Salad Wonton Cups
- Place a scoop of cold chicken salad in a room temperature wonton cup. Enjoy!
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?