Cajun Slow Cooked Brisket Recipe
Cajun Slow Cooked Brisket is super flavorful and tender and the perfect dish to serve for a brunch or backyard barbecue.
Cajun Spiced Slow Cooked Brisket
Cajun Spice MixHoney Barbecue Sauce
- Cajun Spice Mix - cajun spice mix recipe link in notes or use your favorite
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
For the Brisket
- 1 1/2 lbs beef brisket
- 3/4 Cup Homemade Honey Barbecue Sauce - recipe link in notes or use your favorite bottled sauce
- 3 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 T Tabasco
- 1/2 sweet onion - sliced into rings
- Mesquite Wood chips - soaked in water
- Mix Cajun spice mix and brown sugar together in a bowl; rub evenly over the surface of the brisket.
- Put the brisket in a large, resealable plastic bag; refrigerate 30 minutes to overnight.
- Place smoker box with water soaked mesquite wood chips. Preheat grill to high - about 500 degrees. Sear Cajun Spice rubbed brisket over very high heat until outside is well charred, about 10 minutes.
- Stir barbecue sauce, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce together in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Lay brisket into the sauce mixture.
- Arrange onions atop the brisket.
- Cook on Low until brisket is very tender, 6 to 7 hours.
- Rest brisket 10 minutes before slicing or shredding; serve with sauce from the slow cooker.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker