Café Brûlot – New Orleans Flaming Coffee Recipe
Café Brûlot – New Orleans Flaming Coffee is a very impressive way to finish a wonderful meal.
Antoine’s is said to be the original inventor of the café brûlot but can be enjoyed in of New Orlean’s grand old French-Creole restaurants, like Arnaud’s, Antoine’s or Galatoire’s. A Café Brûlot is the grand finale of an equally grand meal – a flaming brandy-spiked coffee spiked with a touch of citrus and cinnamon.
It’s the perfect way to top off an evening of fine dining in New Orleans.
Cafe Brulot -New Orlean Flaming Coffee
- 1 orange peel - cut into 1 by ⅛-inch strips
- 1 lemon peel - cut into 1 by ⅛-inch strips
- 4 sugar cubes
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 2" stick cinnamon
- 1/4 Dark Rum
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier liqueur
- 2 cups hot - freshly brewed, strong black coffee, preferably with chicory
- Place a medium saucepan or metal flame resistant bowl over low heat.
- Add all ingredient except the hot coffee to the saucepan.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is warmed - if the mixture begins to bubble or boil remove from heat until it cools slightly.
- Tilt the pan off the heat and, using a long match or lighter carefully light mixture.
- Be careful the flames will be quite impressive.
- While the mixture is still flaming slightly, slowly add hot coffee to the saucepan. It is impressive if you hold the coffee pot high above the bowl.
- Immediately (the drink may still be flaming) ladle the coffee into demitasse cups. Use a long-handled metal ladle. Serve immediately
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker