Café Brûlot – New Orleans Flaming Coffee Recipe
Café Brûlot – New Orleans Flaming Coffee is a very impressive way to finish a wonderful meal.
Antoine’s is said to be the original inventor of the café brûlot but can be enjoyed in of New Orlean’s grand old French-Creole restaurants, like Arnaud’s, Antoine’s or Galatoire’s. A Café Brûlot is the grand finale of an equally grand meal – a flaming brandy-spiked coffee spiked with a touch of citrus and cinnamon.
It’s the perfect way to top off an evening of fine dining in New Orleans.
Cafe Brulot -New Orlean Flaming Coffee
- 1 orange peel - cut into 1 by ⅛-inch strips
- 1 lemon peel - cut into 1 by ⅛-inch strips
- 4 sugar cubes
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 2" stick cinnamon
- 1/4 Dark Rum
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier liqueur
- 2 cups hot - freshly brewed, strong black coffee, preferably with chicory
- Place a medium saucepan or metal flame resistant bowl over low heat.
- Add all ingredient except the hot coffee to the saucepan.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is warmed - if the mixture begins to bubble or boil remove from heat until it cools slightly.
- Tilt the pan off the heat and, using a long match or lighter carefully light mixture.
- Be careful the flames will be quite impressive.
- While the mixture is still flaming slightly, slowly add hot coffee to the saucepan. It is impressive if you hold the coffee pot high above the bowl.
- Immediately (the drink may still be flaming) ladle the coffee into demitasse cups. Use a long-handled metal ladle. Serve immediately
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker