Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese and Fried Sage Wonton Cup Recipe.
Butternut Squash with goat cheese and fried sage make a beautiful side dish or vegetable course, but finely diced and loaded into a wonton cup it becomes a delicious appetizer bite.
Any leftover baked squash can be added to marinated veggies for a side dish or a yummy vegetarian filling for a sandwich.
Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese and Fried Sage
This recipe calls for a balsamic glaze, you can you use store bought or easily make your own.
- 1 butternut squash
- sea salt - freshly ground is preferred
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic - finely minced
- 1 T herb or white wine vinegar - or more to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch sage - leaves picked
- 1 T balsamic glaze - or less to taste
- 1/2 C goat cheese - crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Halve the squash lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out and discard seeds.
- Peel with a vegetable peeler or knife.
- Cut into 1-inch strips.
- Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and fresh ground pepper and then spread out in a single layer. Roast for 15 minutes and flip the squash. Cook another 15 to 20 minutes, until tender and lightly golden brown.
- Heat 1 T of oil in a saute pan over med-high heat
- When the oil is very hot, add sage leaves individually and cook until crisp, taking care not to burn the sage.
- Remove sage to a paper towel-lined plate
- Reserve oil for dressing.
- Mashed minced garlic with a quick grind of salt and pepper using a mortar and pestle or muddler and bowl, until smooth
- Add about 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil and the white wine vinegar, to taste.
- In a bowl toss cooked butternut squash with dressing to taste. Toss quickly until just coated.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?