Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese and Fried Sage Wonton Cup Recipe.
Butternut Squash with goat cheese and fried sage make a beautiful side dish or vegetable course, but finely diced and loaded into a wonton cup it becomes a delicious appetizer bite.
Any leftover baked squash can be added to marinated veggies for a side dish or a yummy vegetarian filling for a sandwich.
Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese and Fried Sage
This recipe calls for a balsamic glaze, you can you use store bought or easily make your own.
- 1 butternut squash
- sea salt - freshly ground is preferred
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic - finely minced
- 1 T herb or white wine vinegar - or more to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch sage - leaves picked
- 1 T balsamic glaze - or less to taste
- 1/2 C goat cheese - crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Halve the squash lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out and discard seeds.
- Peel with a vegetable peeler or knife.
- Cut into 1-inch strips.
- Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and fresh ground pepper and then spread out in a single layer. Roast for 15 minutes and flip the squash. Cook another 15 to 20 minutes, until tender and lightly golden brown.
- Heat 1 T of oil in a saute pan over med-high heat
- When the oil is very hot, add sage leaves individually and cook until crisp, taking care not to burn the sage.
- Remove sage to a paper towel-lined plate
- Reserve oil for dressing.
- Mashed minced garlic with a quick grind of salt and pepper using a mortar and pestle or muddler and bowl, until smooth
- Add about 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil and the white wine vinegar, to taste.
- In a bowl toss cooked butternut squash with dressing to taste. Toss quickly until just coated.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?