Brie Beggars Purse Appetizer Recipe
Brie Beggars Purse Appetizers make impressive little nibbles for your next appetizer party, family get together or holiday meal.
Using the base recipe you can create dozens of different flavor combinations.
Try one of these Brie Beggars Purse flavor combinations:
Camembert with Fig Jam
Brie with Lemon Curd
Cream Cheese with Hot Pepper Jelly
Gruyere with Sauteed Mushrooms
Mozzarella with Oil-packed Sun-dried Tomatoes
Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese and Fried Sage
Spanakopita – Spinach and Feta Cheese
Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese and Rosemary
Herbed Goat Cheese with Crispy Bacon.
Brie Beggars Purse Appetizers
- 2 T salted butter
- 1 egg - beaten with 1 T of water
- 1 T honey
- 24 almonds - roasted and salted
- 12 oz Brie* - cut into 24 pieces and kept very cold
- 24 wonton wrappers - large
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Whisk egg with 1 T of water until smooth
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place 24 wonton wrapper on the parchment paper
- Lightly brush wonton wrappers with melted butter.
- Place a piece of brie in the center of the wonton wrapper
- Top brie with an almond
- Drizzle with a couple of drops of honey
To Make the Purse
- Fold corners diagonally to the center, pinching together the opposite corners
- Hold the pouch in the palm of one hand, gently twist the top of the pouch to seal.
- Brush each purse with butter
- Brush each purse with egg-wash
- Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the purses are golden brown
- Serve warm
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?