Blue Moon and Stars Virgin Blue Margarita
The Blue Moon and Stars Margarita Mocktail recipe is a fun and festive take on the traditional blue margarita – but has no alcohol. Perfect for designated drivers or any guest that want to be part of the party without drinking alcohol. The blue virgin margarita is easy to make plus adding edible glitter stars makes this drink beautiful and very special for any occasion. You can buy the edible glitter online, or anywhere they have cake decorating supplies. I’ve also found it at my local Publix. Publix is our local supermarket chain.
Blue Moon and Stars Margarita Mocktail (non-alcoholic)
- 3 oz limeade - thawed and prepared from frozen or homemade
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz Blue Curacao syrup
- 1 t silver or blue edible star glitter
- 1 lime - cut into wedges to wet the rim for the salt
- 1 lime - sliced for the garnish
- 1 T coarse salt - optional for salted rim
To Make 1 Cocktail
- Add limeade, lime juice, Blue Curacao syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake until very cold.
- Strain into a salt-rimmed margarita glass filled with ice.
- Sprinkle with edible star glitter
- Serve the margaritas mocktails over ice and garnish with the lime slices.
For a pitcher
- To make a pitcher add all ingredients to a pitcher filled with ice and stir vigorously.
- Once very cold strain into another pitcher, without ice, so the drink doesn't become watered down.
- Keep cold and pour over ice to serve, adding edible glitter just before serving individual drinks.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?