Black Bean Chili Hot Dog Recipe
Upgrade your chili dog this season with this black bean chili hot dog.
A hot dog topped with black bean chili, sour cream, cheese, and crushed tortillas. This is a definite upgrade on the classic chili dog.
This is about to be a new classic hot dog.
Add a couple of slices of avocado for extra flavor and texture.
Black Bean Chili Hot Dog Recipe
Black Bean Chili Hot Dog
- 4 100% all beef hot dogs - or use chicken or turkey hot dogs
- 12 oz dark Mexican Beer - or water
- 1 cup black bean chili
- 4 oz Mexican Cheese Blend
- 4 hot dog buns - or bolillo rolls
- 1 T fresh cilantro - roughly chopped
- 1 cup Tortilla chips - crushed
- 1 green onion - chopped, including green tops
- 1 T sour cream
- 1/4 cup jalapeño - thinly sliced
- Pre-heat a grill to 400° to 435° F.
- In a saucepan large enough to lay hot dogs flat, bring the wine or water to a gentle boil. Turn off heat. Once beer has stopped boiling add the hot dogs and cover. Let sit simmering for 3-4 minutes.
- Place hot dogs on the 400° - 425° grill. Grill, turning frequently for even cooking, until well charred on the outside.
- When the hot dogs are just about done lower heat and quickly grill each bun and set aside.
- Add chili to the bun.
- Top with grilled hot dogs.
- Top with sour cream, cheese, crushed tortilla chips, and thinly sliced jalapeños.
Get the Black Bean Chili Recipe
< Eat < Drink < Party <
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
Spicy Orange Muddled Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling the fruit all the flavor of both the juice and the zest.
Spicy Classic Margarita turns up the heat with a slice of jalapeno and paired with a sweet heat rim of sugar and chipotle chili.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker