Baguettes with Wild Mushroom Ragout Recipe
Baguettes with Wild Mushroom Ragout. Beautiful flavors that are enhanced by outdoor cooking. Serve this as an appetizer over a baguette or top grilled steak or chicken with this mixture.
Baguettes with Wild Mushroom Ragout
- 1 fresh baguette
- olive oil
- 1 head of roasted garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 4 large shallots - thinly sliced
- 1 cup chanterelle - hedgehog, or lobster mushrooms
- 1 cup small fresh shiitake caps
- 1 cups quartered button or cremini mushrooms
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock or low-sodium canned broth
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock mixed with 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme - or 1/2 tablespoon dried
- Feta cheese - as desired
- Heat a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic and shallots and sauté, stirring, until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add all the mushrooms and sauté until soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the wine, stir, and cook until the wine is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the stock, dark soy sauce, and thyme, and simmer until reduced by half, about 25 to 30 minutes. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and correct the seasonings. Serve over grilled baguettes.
- Brush bread with olive oil and lightly grill on both side. Spread roasted garlic paste on grilled bread. Then top with mushroom ragout. And sprinkle with feta cheese crumbles.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?