Baguettes with Wild Mushroom Ragout Recipe
Baguettes with Wild Mushroom Ragout. Beautiful flavors that are enhanced by outdoor cooking. Serve this as an appetizer over a baguette or top grilled steak or chicken with this mixture.
Baguettes with Wild Mushroom Ragout
- 1 fresh baguette
- olive oil
- 1 head of roasted garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 4 large shallots - thinly sliced
- 1 cup chanterelle - hedgehog, or lobster mushrooms
- 1 cup small fresh shiitake caps
- 1 cups quartered button or cremini mushrooms
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock or low-sodium canned broth
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock mixed with 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme - or 1/2 tablespoon dried
- Feta cheese - as desired
- Heat a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic and shallots and sauté, stirring, until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add all the mushrooms and sauté until soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the wine, stir, and cook until the wine is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the stock, dark soy sauce, and thyme, and simmer until reduced by half, about 25 to 30 minutes. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and correct the seasonings. Serve over grilled baguettes.
- Brush bread with olive oil and lightly grill on both side. Spread roasted garlic paste on grilled bread. Then top with mushroom ragout. And sprinkle with feta cheese crumbles.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?