Take your taste buds on a trip to Hawaii with the Aloha Burger with Grilled Pineapple and teriyaki BBQ sauce. Top with sliced red onions and blue cheese. Can you say Aloha?
Aloha Burger - with Teriyaki BBQ Sauce and Grilled Pineapple
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- 4 oz blue or gorgonzola cheese - crumbled
- 4 T or to taste crushed peppercorn mix - preferably black, green and pink, though black peppercorns will do
- 16 Thick slices of Bacon
- 1/2 cup Favorite bottled or Homemade Barbeque Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Toppings: romaine lettuce - tomato slices, onion
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 t Tabasco - optional
- 8 slices pineapple
- Shape ground beef into 8 patties. Keep cool.
- Press bacon in peppercorns to coat
- Place bacon on a wire rack on a foil-lined sheet pan
- Cook at 450 degrees until cooked and very crispy
- Mix Teriyaki and BBQ sauce and if using Tabasco together and set aside.
- Grill burgers on a covered grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center or desired level of doneness.
- While burgers are still on the grill top burgers with Teriyaki BBQ sauce and blue cheese to melt
- Peel and core Pineapple. Cut into 8 slices.
- Coat grill with cooking spray and cook pineapple over med-high grill until you have grill marks and beginning to caramelize.
- To serve top bun with burger, top with grilled pineapple, add peppercorn bacon and top with lettuce, tomato, and onion if desired. Serve with extra Teriyaki BBQ sauce if desired.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?